Updated: May 1
Tired of cooking plain, old chicken breasts and ready for a change? Try this amazing roasted chicken and vegetables recipe!
- 3 lbs of chicken breasts
- 6 whole carrots (raw, peeled)
- 1 bag of frozen bell peppers & onions
- 5 cups of broccoli
- black pepper & dash of salt, to taste
- Italian seasoning (no salt added)
- veggie oil
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Tools & Equipment Needed:
- meat cutting knife
- cutting board
- potato peeler
- baking sheet
- aluminum foil
1. Begin by heating oven to 425.
2. Peel and chop carrots in 1/2 in. pieces.
3. Cut chicken breasts into 1/2 in. pieces.
4. Add chicken to foil-lined baking sheet.
5. Add carrots, broccoli and bag of frozen bell peppers & onions.
6. Drizzle with veggie oil.
7. Mix all seasonings in a bowl and coat each side of the food evenly.
8. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping the chicken and veggies at the halfway mark.
9. Remove from oven (chicken is done when no longer pink in the middle).
10. Serve with brown rice and enjoy!
Macros (based on 4 oz. chicken serving; not including rice):
Protein, 26 grams
Carbs, 20 grams
Fat, 8 grams