Looking for a tasty meal that'll keep you on track with your healthy lifestyle while satisfying your taste buds? Try this awesome savory chicken spinach pasta recipe that will blow your taste buds out of the water and have you grinning from ear to ear. Simple and healthy ingredients, that'll help keep you lean and Mission Fit!
- 1 box whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 pack of chicken breasts (4-5 Fillets)
- 15 oz. jar of light creamy Alfredo sauce
- 10 oz. chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 4-5 tbsp Mrs. Dash garlic & herb salt-free blend
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- dash of salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop chicken breasts into one-inch pieces and place into a bowl with 4-5 tbsp of Mrs. Dash garlic blend, 1 tbsp black pepper, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1/2 tbsp onion powder, and a dash of salt, coating the chicken evenly.
3. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with olive oil or any healthy oil. Add chicken breasts and spread evenly in a single layer.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. While your chicken breasts are cooking, boil a large pot with water and a dash of salt. Once water is boiling, add whole wheat penne pasta and cook for 9-11 minutes (or per box instructions). Remove from heat, drain, and return to the stove.
6. Once chicken is done, remove breasts from pan and transfer to a plate with a paper towel to drain the excess juices. Add the chicken, chopped spinach, and creamy Alfredo sauce to the pot and allow to simmer at the lowest heat for about 5-10 minutes until the spinach is fully cooked and the dish is well mixed.
7. Remove from heat and enjoy!
- Makes 6 Servings
- 560 Calories per Serving
- Carbs, 55 grams
- Protein, 58 grams
- Fat, 12 grams
For more meal inspiration, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter @missionfitnow